Here are today’s new developments:
- After Ford declined the urging of GTHA mayors to make mask mandatory in indoor public places, the municipalities moved to use their power on mandatory mask wearing.
- Toronto city council has approved a report by the city’s medical officer of health to make masks and face coverings mandatory in enclosed public places.
- Peel Region mayors and health officials announced making masks mandatory in all commercial and indoor public spaces.
- And while Ford continues to fail migrant workers and forcing them to work while sick with COVID-19, Huron Perth public health ordered employers of migrant farm workers to follow public-health guidelines.
- We have been urging the Ford government to better protect migrant workers by ensuring PPE, paid sick days for workers and alternate accommodations in which to self-isolate.
- Andrea Horwath also called on the federal government to take action on the Ford government’s failure to protect migrant workers and stop the spread in agricultural operations
- Air Canada has indefinitely suspended direct flights between Ottawa and five other Canadian destinations due to the pandemic. The airline is also suspending all service in and out of Norman Rogers Airport in Kingston, Ont.
- Andrea Horwath will host a virtual summit Thursday to discuss transforming long-term care and home care; a critical step towards building the 2022 vision for a better life for Ontarians as they age. Over 500 participants have registered for this historic summit.