March 18, 2020 – Morning Update
INFORMATION ACCURATE TO 10AM March 18, 2020
Stimulus package on the way from the Federal Government.
- Package is being reported as being worth at least $25B and should be comprehensive.
- We will update when more information is available.
The Canada-U.S. Border is to close to all ‘non-essential’ travel.
- This has been recently announced and we will add further updates as more information becomes available.
Special shopping hours for Seniors and people with Disabilities.
- Many grocery stores are now starting to offer restricted morning access to their stores for seniors and people with disabilities.
- We will be working to find out which stores in our neighbourhood are following this protocol and will update you as soon as we know.
- Fiesta Farms (200 Christie St) – Dedicated shopping hours from 7:30-8:30AM Monday to Saturday for customers 70 years old or older, people with a disability, expectant mothers, and any other higher-risk individual.
Finally, to our community: I want to thank you again for your strength in these trying times. Please continue to take care of each other and working together in these challenging times.