MPP Jill Andrew Daily Bulletin – March 20, 2020
I want to start by acknowledging the sacrifices being made by so many to keep our community safe.
From our local businesses that have been forced to close to families with children at home for an extended March Break who are committed to social distancing - we are all in this together. I want you to know that you have my sincere gratitude.
It’s been a stressful week. However, we continue to see and hear stories of incredible neighbourhood 'care-mongering', making phone calls, staying virtually connected, making online purchases and donations for those who can. This positivity has given me necessary strength and I truly hope it has helped you remain as calm as possible and positive in these unprecedented times.
Let us continue to call our loved ones and let us try as hard as we can to remember we are not alone.
We will get through this together.
- Today it was announced that the province has brought online an e-learning platform that parents can use to ensure their children are still able to learn during this time. If school closures are extended, the website will be updated with more content.
- More information can be found here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home?utm_source=tbnewswatch.com&utm_campaign=tbnewswatch.com&utm_medium=referral
Industry Supporting Government Response
- The Federal government has now heard from over 5,800 businesses across Canada who have indicated that they are willing to help support the effort to manufacture the supplies we need to battle COVID-19.
- The Canada-U.S. Border will close tonight at midnight to “non-essential” travel.
- This means that if you going to the U.S. for recreational purposes – you will be denied entry.
- Canadian residents will be able to get into Canada.
You can find the details on how to apply for EI here:
Employment Insurance (EI): https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-sickness/apply.html
Where to get updates on Coronavirus
For accurate information on COVID-19 - Public Health Agencies are the best sources.
Find them here:
Canadian Public Health
Ontario Ministry of Health
Toronto Public Health
You can also find daily updates on my website